There is a nice head of wild brown trout and I believe some grayling, in the upper reaches of the River Teme above Knight
on, other than the stretches running under the various bridges none of the other river stretches have been fished in recent years, so we have a free rising head of natural wild brownies right on our doorstep. These are not massive fish but when hooked they do tend to give a very good fight and the water is fast flowing and difficult, with many areas of ovherhanging branches, so this fishing is will not suite the amature fly caster, but will reward experince and small light tackle.
I am going to be aproaching the various land owners with a view to arranging day tickets so please keep a watch on this space for further devlopments. Of course it goes without saying that anyone has the ablitly to aproch land owners and ask for a days fishing it just seems that no one has.
Situated close to the border, a mile or so upstream of Kington, the Hergest Court beat on the Arrow offers wild brown trout fishing on the upper reaches of this famous river. Gently meandering through pasture, the river here has a gravel riverbed, making for easy enough wading. Being small river fishing, the beat is best fished in an upstream direction. With a small brook rod and your thigh waders, put your stealth abilities to the test.
Availability & Pricing
· Tue 3rd March to Sun 17th May (Only Thursday, Friday, Saturday), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Mon 18th May to Sun 24th May (Only Thursday, Friday), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Mon 25th May to Wed 30th September (Only Thursday, Friday, Saturday), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
Telephone booking, please call 01982 551 520
For those that enjoy trout fishing on medium sized river, the Lyepole Fishery is a 1m stretch of double bank river Lugg fishing, situated a few miles upstream of Amestry. This part of the river meanders through a wonderfully tranquil, steep-sided valley and is an area of the river that has remained private fishing for a number of years. The beat has recently benefited from improved access and coppicing work. With a gravel and silt riverbed, wading is relatively easy.
Availability & Pricing
· Tue 3rd March to Sun 17th May (All Days), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Mon 18th May to Sun 24th May (All Days except Saturday, Sunday), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Mon 25th May to Sun 31st May (All Days except Monday), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Mon 1st June to Tue 30th June (All Days), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Wed 1st July to Wed 30th September (All Days), 2 Rods – £20 per rod
· Thu 1st January to Sat 14th March (All Days), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
· Thu 1st October to Thu 31st December (All Days), 2 Rods – £15 per rod
Telephone booking Only, please call 01982 551 520