1. ANDRE CLOUET. Grande Reserve £31.00
2. Bollinger special Cuvée £45.50
4. 2004 Graham Beck Rosé South Africa 22.50
Beautiful salmon pink colour with strawberry fruit flavours. Light yeasty aromas, good freshness on the nose and a rich creamy complexity on the palate. Fine mousse with a great length of flavour.
5. NV Graham Beck Brut South Africa £22.50
This excellent Brut is a 50/50 blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and was used at the inauguration of Nelson Mandela as President in 1994.
6. 2001 CHATEAU LOUPIAC GAUDIET. Loupiac 375ml £13.50
A delightful wine from the Loupiac region. Rich and full, lovely peachy flavours on the palate.
7. 2003 GOLDACKERL. Beerenauslese. Willi Opitz. Austria 375ml £22.85
A beautiful rich dessert wine with flavours of peaches and honey. Made by Austria’s finest winemaker.
8. 1999 Rhona Muscadel Graham Beck 500ml £18.50
Complex fruit, floral bouquet deliciously sweet
9.2004 Orange Muscat and Flora Brown Brothers Late harvested Australia 375ml £15.50
flavours of citrus and stone fruit
10. 1995 VP, Fortified Shiraz. Lillypilly Estate Wine, Leeton, NSW Australia 375ml £23.50
Great caramelly, rich, slightly spicy wine that is perfect with Colston Basset Stilton or Hot Chocolate fondant. A really exciting wine that is making a bit of a name for itself.
11. 2002 Noble Blend: Lillypilly Estate wine, Leeton, NSW Australia 375ml£24.75
Beautifully structured, more Coteaux de Layon than Sauterne, rich honey middle with passion fruit finish that goes on and on. Classic Tarte tatin wine.
19. 2005 Oveja Negra Reserva Chadonnay/Viognier Chile £16.00
Bright peach and apricot aromas subtle hints of oak with a crisp balancing acidity
20. 2004 Blue Slate Riesling Dr Loosen Germany £18.50
From the Mosel, this is a classic Riesling. Light and refreshing it is medium with a delicate alcohol level
21. 2004 Johnson Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2004/5 New Zealand £21.00
Colour: Pale green. Bouquet: Pungent passionfruit and grapefruit aromas with a complex lees note underlying. Palate: Generously proportioned with passion fruit and melon. The solid texture is kept in balance by vibrant fruit acidity.
22. 2004 Last Ditch Viognier d`Arenberg Australia £23.50
1990 saw the first plantings of Viognier in McLaren Vale, more noted for its red wines. These plantings were in a gully at the bottom of the vineyard along side a tributary of Peddlers Creek
23. 2002 Rully “En Truffière” Vieilles Vignes Vincent Girandin France £31.50
Made from seventy to eighty year old vines, by the renowned Vincent Girardin as a “limited edition” wine, this is a benchmark white Burgundy.
24. 2005 Spy Valley Riesling £22.00
Ripe citrus characters of lemon zest and grapefruit reflect the warmer vintage conditions in 2005,yet still dry on the finish.
25. 2004 Gewurztraminer Cave De Ribeauville £21.00
Full of flavour and perfume, deliciously medium dry
26. 2004 Pouilly Fume Les Berthiers Claude Michot £27.50
Claude Michot produces a wine that is very much of his village, St Andelain – a hamlet made famous by Didier Dagueneau
27. 2004 Sauvignon Blanc Life From Stone South Africa £23.50
Springfield Estate, Aromatic flavour filled, with a style somewhere between New Zealand and the Loire
28. 2004 Graham Beck Viognier South Africa £21.50
Soft golden green colour with a fragrant nose of ripe golden apples and spicy citrus flavours. Full bodied with elegant finish.
29. 2004 Alamos Chardonnay Argentina £17.75
SILVER MEDAL – DECANTER 2006 WORLD WINE AWARDS
The nose is focused and intense with ripe tropical fruit aromas with a hint of mineral.
30. 2000 Verdelho. Margaret River,Western Australia £23.50
The flagship white wine. Complex with added plus of bottle age, which is rather unique for Verdelho,
31. 2001 Viognier Jepson vineyard Ukiah, Mendocino USA. £32.75
Crisp and fresh it is wonderfully full and complex.
35. 2005 Chateau des Sarrins Rosé £20.00
Classic Provence rose. Pale pink colour with a lovely nose of delicate red fruits. Plenty of fruit on the palate with balanced acidity and an elegant structure. Very fresh and clean.
36. 2005 Oveja Negra Cabernet Rosé £15.50
Attractive bright light red colour. Lovely sweet aromas and flavours of strawberries and raspberries. Refreshing on the palate, with a crisp acid which balances the ripe fruit flavours.
40. 2004 Laroche Punto Nino Carmenere Chile £17.75
Attractive dark red colour, aromas and flavours of ripe plums, sweet spices, coffee and chocolate with delicate smokey notes. Palate soft and smooth with ripe tannins giving good length and structure.
41. 2001Chateau Senailhac Bordeaux Superieur Bordeaux £20.50
The wine is a bright, intense ruby red colour with purplish highlights. The elegant intial bouquet opens up after swirling in the glass to reveal fine fruit and aniseed overtones. The wine starts out very cleanly on the palate, evolving into a well-balanced mid palate with ripe fruit and soft tannins.
42. 2003 Cotes du Ventoux Terres de Truffes TerraVentoux Rhone £18.00
A deep colour, almost black. A complex nose of violets and blackcurrants. The palate is velvelty, rich and long lasting. With a sweet blackcurrant finish.
43. 2004 Alamos Malbec £17.75
This Malbec shows bright blackberry, cassis and baked blueberry with notes of chocolate, cedar,cinnamon and clove. If you haven’t tried Malbec before, this wine will make a great first.
44. 2004 Oveja Negra Reserva Cabernet/Syrah Chile £17.00
Rich Inky colour dark Plum toasty oak and vanilla flavours
45. 2005 Boland Pinotage Cinsault South Africa £17.50
This former Co-op has two cellars and five different grape sources in and around Paarl at the very heart of cape winelands. We particularly like the smooth drinking qualities of this wine
46. 2001 Castillo di Clavijo Crianza Rioja Spain £19.50
The aromas of ripe red fruits and spices are carried through to a well balanced palate with notes of cherries.
47. 2002 Zinfandel De Loach California £20.50
A velvety wine with spicy berry notes. This 2002 Californian Zinfandel offers inviting aromas of cranberry, black currant and spicy oak.
48. 2003 Perrin Réserve Rouge Côtes du Rhône £24.50
A humble Côtes du Rhône which would put many Châteauneuf du Papes to shame. This ia a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Cincault. Peppery aromas, flavours of cassis, black cherry and spice.
49. 2003 MadFish Shiraz Western Australia £24.75
Dark cherry chocolate spice and pepper combine to produce an intriguing seductive bouquet.
50. 2002 Piedra Feliz Pinot Noir Michel Laroche/Jorge Coderch Chile £26.50
An elegant and fruity wine from the Casablanca Valley.
51. 2000 Brouilly Vieilles Vignes Domaine du Moulin Favre £22.50
Concentrated blackcurrant and raspberry on the nose. Rounded with well matured tannins – very fruity wine with a balanced and moreish acidity.
52. 2000 Beaujolais Villages Vieilles Vignes Dom Mommessin France £19.00
This ruby coloured wine is produced from vines over 40 years old
53. 2002 Pinot Noir Schouten Oregon USA £51.50
Dark chocolate and cherries from this beautiful example of intense pinot noir from the new worlds home of Pinot Noir.
54. 1998 Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, Western Australia £41.00
Soft, subtle, plumy ripe fruit which is the perfect accompaniment to soft game or a leg of lamb
55. 1999 Chateau Pontet Fumet St-Emilion Grand Cru £35.00
This fruity, deiciously smooth Bordeaux combines finesse and power. It has an attractive bouquet and a robust, rich, perfectly balanced taste
Small Sparkling /CHAMPAGNE
60. N/V moét et chandon Champagne ¼ bottle Brut Imperial £13.50
61.N/V Graham Beck Brut (375ml) £13.50
This is a benchmark fizz with a beautiful harmony between lengthy Chardonnay and fragrant Pinot Noir. The result is a sparkling wine with a fine mousse giving freshness and finesse, elegant ripe fruit and light yeast aromas, and a rich creamy complexity on the palate.
HALF BOTTLES RED WINES
70.2002 Redbank Shiraz/Cabernet Victoria Australia £10.50
71. 2004 Fleurie E.Loron et Fils £11.50
72. 2004 Cotes du Ventoux Rouge TerraVentoux £10.00
Spicy nose with red fruit and liquorice. The mouth is supple and long, silky tannins with sweet notes on the finish, again on liquorice.
73.2002 Chateau Montaiguillon St-Emilion £14.00
HALF BOTTLES WHITE WINES
80. 2004 Muscadet Sur Lie Coteaux de la Loire, Jacques Guindon £10.50
Light in appearance with a floral, fruity nose. Clean and fresh with mineral notes, hints of apple and a good structure. Mouthwatering acidity with a long, refreshing finish.
81. 2004 Gewurztraminer Pfaffenhem Alsace £10.50
82. 2004 CHABLIS.1er Cru. Les Valery . Domaine Jean Durup £16.50
83.1999 CHASSAGNE MONTRACHET. Olivier Leflaive £26.20
84. 2004 Pouilly Fumè Andrè Dezat et fils Verdigny France £13.50
85. 2004 Pinot Grigio Alto Adige Alois Lageder £14.50
Brilliant, straw yellow colour with a green shimmer. Quite pronouned and expressive aroma, with floral and spicy notes. Rich and buttery on the palate, with a smokiness and a fresh finish.