Courgette and Mint Soup
· 500g courgettes diced (small).
· 1 medium onion peeled and diced
· Olive Oil for frying onions.
· Small bunch fresh mint.
· 125ml water or vegetable stock. Hot
· Tablespoon double cream
· Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in saucepan and fry onions until they are soft but not browned.
2. Add courgettes.
3. Soften the courgettes over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
5. Increase heat and boil rapidly for about 2 minutes
6. Add the cream
7. Add the mint and immediately take saucepan of the heat
8. Blend the soup until it is smooth.
9. Serve the soup in warmed bowls.
With this John recomends
Fresh, crisp and delicious!…. Bring on the Sun.
Saam Mountain Sauvignon Blanc 2008
A tropical nose with hints of bell pepper. The abundance of flavours carries through on the well-structured, mouthfilling palate and stays there to create a long & rich after-taste. Typical crisp acidity.